Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sky-bee

I posted about Gavin the other day and today I've been thinking lots about my sweet little Sky. She is such a joy to have in our family. She's soo smart, chatty, independent, and kind. I love talking to her and spending time with her. I love watching her interact with her brother (when they get along!) and her Dad-they can have soo much fun when they play.

Lately I've been worried about her with all that's going on. Gavin is young enough that he has adjusted to Whitney pretty well in addition to me being gone a lot. Sky has struggled more the past 7 weeks. Gavin naps three hours a day and before Whit came, those three hours were usually time I had to spend with her one-on-one. Since Whitney came, I am usually gone at the hospital during nap time so my individual time with Sky has decreased. We have had to bounce the kids around to soo many different family and friends to watch them while we're at the hospital.

Sky has really struggled with her attitude and emotions-way more so than usual since her baby sister arrived and shook our world. There are times when I'm out of patience with her, and times when I have an overabundance of patience because I understand how stressful this all must be for her. I always feel guilty-when I'm at the hospital and away from the kids, or when I'm home and not with Whitney. I struggle constantly to deal with all the different emotions that our situation is causing me to feel. I can't imagine how my sweet daughter must be feeling and she can't express all her emotions quite like I can. I breaks my heart when I see her struggle. I pray that she will be okay through all of this and we will be able to have the necessary patience and to help her learn to express her emotions. For now, we'll take it day by day-the good and the bad!

Here are some recent photos of my adorable little sweetheart!

No comments:

Post a Comment