Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chest tubes

I'm sort of stressed tonight but not too bad-this is nothing I haven't done before. When I saw Whit today based on how she was doing I had a sneaky suspicion she might need her right chest tube replaced (based on her own history/patterns and how the tube was slipping a little and the tube output was less, her retracting slightly, etc..) and sure enough when I called tonight she's up on her oxygen needs back to 4 liters and between 30-40% and breathing faster/retracting which means her tube is coming out-luckily they finally caught on and ordered an x ray. So they'll probably replace it tonight. ): either way they'll let me know. I swear I will make an excellent NICU nurse...but that can wait until my babies are older. For now, I will just say I have pretty jut Mother's intuition!

No comments:

Post a Comment