Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A little scare

We had a little, well a major scare with Baby Whitney yesterday. Here is my note about it that I wrote: I have been at the hospital all day and we just left. Things went well at first and I was able to hold her, but her intubation malfunctioned and her o2 saturations dropped into the 40's while I was holding her. She went blue, then purple and then while they were trying to bag her she passed out and went limp on me. I was bawling this whole time obviously-it was
way traumatizing because I thought she was dying...well, she would have died if it weren't for my amazing nurse and respiratory therapist who responded so quickly. That really shook me up. They don't even know what caused it-I did nothing different and had already been holding her for an hour. Gosh-it was so unbelievably scary. Once she was back to normal, I held her for two hours and she was fine.

At this point we're okay waiting until Friday for the lymphangiogram at this point because it will either be good news or REALLY bad news and I don't know if we're ready to hear the bad news...

1 comment:

  1. Sam! That's awful! I would have be terrified... So glad she's doing better. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete